[Harp-L] traveling with instruments (was PRX? Piece?NEA Jazz Master Toots Thielemans)

Ok-the James Harman story. I was fortunate enough to share breakfast with James and

Mark Hummel after one of the Blowoffs in upstate NY.  We stayed over that night,

and our room was located next to Magic Dick and James Harman.

 James said he was traveling through France when he was stopped by customs.

He was brought to a remote location,kind of scary he said,and thoroughly interrogated.

The officals asked him "why so many harmnoicas"-James tried to explain a little music

theory-you know-different key harmonicas for songs in different keys.

They asked him to play some songs in different keys-I guess they couldn't grasp the idea

of one man needing so many harmonicas. James was there playing for 30 minutes-they

loved it!!!

 James went on his way,and everybody was happy.