[Harp-L] Re: Big Mama Thornton / Better

Paul Routledge wrote:
QUOTE
Whilst I agree that Big Mama Thornton and John Lee Hooker are not
exactly stellar harp players it's still great to see footage of them
playing.
However in my humble opinion Big Walter Horton is probably the best
harp player that ever lived. Sure you have guys / gals today that can
overblow and play super fast chromatically in any position / style you
want.
UNQUOTE

Paul, Paul ... (sigh) ...we HAVE TO hold these two so-so players up to Big Walter's stratospheric standards or the entire structure of harmonica universe collapses like a dark star imploding ... <Tongue in cheek mode> ... ;^)

Bob Loomis
Concord CA USA