I always put my harps,mic and cable in my carry on-I have been questioned a few times,

once held for a while in Orlando,but the screeners told me once they see quite a few

harmonicas come through,so they know immediatley what they are.

 However-one time in Orlando,they did not recognize the bullet mic.

The screener said if I had not been wearing my Dennis Gruenling/Little Walter t-shirt,

and my harmonica case had not been autographed by James Cotton-{one of the screeners

recognized James' signature} ,then for sure I would have been taken away.

 She said "always declare the microphone and cable"-which I did from that day on.

Mind you-I do not travel internationally-but I do rack up the miles.

Sugar Ray Norcia was playin locally one night-I spoke to him about this subject at length.

He checked his mics and harps,and they lost them all. He had to have back-ups flown in from Rhode Island.

 The James Harman story about his situation i shall leave for another post.