From: Steve Baker <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Smo Joe/Country/Major 7th tuning
To: "Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, December 15, 2009, 2:21 AM

Winslow wrote:

<One thing that nobody except me seems to mention regarding Country tuning when used in second position: it also gives you al three major chords in second position as full three-note (or more) chords:>

Hey Winslow, I published that information in The Harp Handbook in 1990. And all these years I'd thought that you'd read it! I also would like to point out that this tuning is brilliant for 5th position, that would be Am and Bm in the keys F & G which Paul mentioned, which most conveniently are the parallel minor keys to the major keys found in 2nd position, opening up a whole range of tunes to the curious player which would be tough on standard tuning

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.bluesculture.com