[Harp-L] playing riffs in your sleep

I have read comments saying that particular blues performers lacked
virtuosity, and also that some performers play riffs they could play in
their sleep.

I can play Sonny Boy Williamson riffs twice as fast as Sonny Boy did. To me,
that's like going to France with a phrase book.and bragging that I can
say "Where is the bathroom" twice as fast as a local. Doesn't mean I'm
saying anything worth hearing.

Sometimes I play riffs I could play in my sleep--the goal is to make the
band sound better, not the harp player. And better usually means the
audience is up and dancing. (and buying beer).

The goal is to have fun, make the band sound good, and give the audience a
good time.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1372404/dhoozh_chapter_1.html
http://www.myspace.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals