[Harp-L] Re: Big Mama Thornton / Better

Whilst I agree that Big Mama Thornton and John Lee Hooker are not exactly stellar harp players it's still great to see footage of them playing.

However in my humble opinion Big Walter Horton is probably the best harp player that ever lived. Sure you have guys / gals today that can overblow and play super fast chromatically in any position / style you want.
But do they have that feel and that monster tone that Big Walter had?
Can they get that beautiful percussive sound to their notes?
Can their music speak to the listeners soul in the same way?

Not to my ears.

Paul