[Harp-L] Re: Mama Thornton

I could find 5 people at any spah that can beat these 5.
smo-joe

My point was that Mama Thornton was a great blues singer who also played harp and drums. And that John Lee Hooker playing harp was a rarity that never reoccured. Why compare spah of these times with the musicians of mid 1960s? Blues harp (if that is what smo-joe means here) has a lot more to do with feeling than with technique. And also why want to have 5 players "beat" another 5? Who would be the judge?

Harri