[Harp-L] Big Mama Thronton

In 1971 when I came to New York City to study with Chamber Huang and go to Mannes College of Music I returned to my "roots" by going down to the Village and jamming and one night at the Village Gaslight I sat in with Big Mama Thornton. She was a decent harp player and by that time was dressing like a man, but her singing was incredible that night and I remember having a good time playing licks around her voice.

But my boat was already on a different path by that time.

Harmonically yours,

Robert
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com