[Harp-L] better?

On Dec 14, 2009, at 5:23 PM, Jonathan Ross wrote:

I for one have never heard anyone at any convention that could play better than either of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv-S6Aza2p8&feature=related

NOW we're talkin. Although for singing, I prefer Rice. Rice brings it all down to gut level. Both his singing AND playing. There was an example of someone who can't be copied. Saw him live back when. A VERY unfriendly guy. But I have to give him credit as due. Kid could play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2BDVjoq1nw&feature=related

Understandably, Ross is playing racked, so that, in itself is a burden, but I didn't like this one. It was SOoooooo repetitious. And I hate repetition. After about 68 seconds of this, I'm ready to blow my brains out. What was that? good idea? Hmmm, let me think it over....lolol

smo-joe

As good, maybe, but not certainly not better.

No, NOT as good. At least on side #1 above. Remember, it all depends on the video. Some excell, some suck. I watched at least 6 other videos attached to these, and I felt that most were just fine. Maybe the Sonny Terry ones (whom I absolutely LOVE) went on for too long.
I think I have a 4 minute attention span.
Spent Sat watching violin videos. Spent Sunday reading a book 'Texas and the history of Mexico'. Today it was 'Cradle of Civilizations'.
So, I like to cover the waterfront. :)

smo-joe

JR Ross