[Harp-L] re: Big Mama Thorton

A beautiful video. This is what I'm working towards. Anyone with a little
practice can play a barrage of notes. I'm looking for an economy of style,
every note counts, every note swings, every note has feeling.

Played with the band last night--party at my house. It's fun when you have
an easy audience (all friends) because you can experiment. On the original
psychedelic funk songs I worked hard to avoid my old habit of playing
thousands of notes, tried to keep it more like Big Mama Thorton, hold back,
play soft, try to swing, Big Mama's style works wel with improvizational
rock. Not so much genre hopping as genre blending.

Leaves a lot of room for the rest of the band as well.

lovely video. Love her hat. God bless her. I miss that crazy rawness. New
music seems so sterile in comparison.

--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1372404/dhoozh_chapter_1.html