[Harp-L] re: Mama Thornton

"I could find 5 people at any spah that can beat these 5."
Thus spake Smo-Joe, and I do not doubt it. Also I´m enough of an iconoclast to hold the opinion that, say SBW (both of them), Sonny Terry anda bunch of other from the earlier generations often played solos theycould play in their sleep. (And sometimes it sounds as if they did.) I do notpray at their feet. (Anymore.) However, there is one guy in this clip that tends to stand out. Couldn´t play fast, wasn´t original all of the time, probably lots of other shortcomings: but those five Spah guys have to be pretty good tobeat Walter Horton. Cheers,Martin -----------------------------------------------Seen this a few times and with all the good will in the world you couldn't say that John Lee is playing the Harp.In fact he looks downright uncomfortable with it.
Great clip though.
Rick
in NZ

I could find 5 people at any spah that can beat these 5.
smo-joe