Re: [Harp-L] Mama Thornton

Greetings and salutations Harp-L members

This is my first post, recently introduced to the forum by my friend Ben Edwards. I've been reading the posts with great interest and will no doubt have a lot to say in the future!

With respect to Smo-Joe and Geoff, I think Steve point was well made. However, I could feel my blood rising re Big Walter Horton who hardly gets a look-in on this clip. He was (no need to remind you all) one of the all-time greats of Chicago blues playing. When his solo comes in on Jimmy Rogers' 'Walking By Myself' it's like being on the business end of a flamethrower! Don't forget the wonderful 'Evening Sun' with Johnny Shines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FOF_mdS39s

An excellent and moving biog may be found here

http://www.bluesharp.ca/legends/bwalter.html

Jessica