Fwd: [Harp-L] Anybody still play the old ones...

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Grant Walters <grant@...> wrote:

my friend (He works on amps) suggested that I get a Blues Jr. or Pro
Blues Jr....
for playing the harp.
He further suggested I quit dragging my antiques on the road to gigs.
Truth is that I bought these old things because of the way they sound
<snip>
What is your old beater favorite?

take care

Grant.

I have a 1941 National amp that I still play out once in awhile. I got it with a coke bottle 5U4 and a pair of RCA blackplate 6V6's, not to mention metal preamp tubes and a 12" field coil speaker.  Anyway, I got a Lone Wolf Harp Tone Plus that really fattens it up --the amp has no tone control and was abit on the tinny/trebley side.  This is a nice pedal for making non-harp amps more harp friendly w/o changing internal components.  The AFB+ also makes it more gig-worthy in terms of getting more volume if necessary (before feedback).