[Harp-L] Bulgarian Project Finally Released

In the summer of 1999 Irish rock drummer Ray Fean and I flew to Sofia,
Bulgaria, where we recorded an album's worth of music with the great gadulka
player Georgi Petrov, and other top Bulgarian folk musicians and singers.

The music is a synthesis of our influences, sometimes mixing unusual
elements with surprising results. (For example, the brilliant tambura master
Angel Dimitrov turned out to be a Yngwie Malmsteen fan, and produced some
astonishing electric guitar solos on his scallop-necked Strat!).

We were all buzzed by the results but, with various political and other
issues intervening, the music was never released on CD. After 10 years we
decided it was too good to sit buried for ever, so we allowed each other to
release it however we liked.

My way is to offer all the tracks as MP3 downloads. You can listen to
samples here:

http://www.brendan-power.com/The%20Bulgarian%20Project.htm

Enjoy!

Brendan Power