[Harp-L] Nelson harps

   Don't know if anybody posted this before, the harp-l search mechanism
doesn't seem to work for me these days.  But thought I'd give my buddy
Nelson Keaton a plug.  A band mate sent me video of Ronnie Shellist demo-ing
Nelson's custom harps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2ruK0t7Ul4.  Hard to
tell anything from a video; but in Ronnie's capable hands, Nelson's harps
sound very good.  And Ronnie seems pretty excited about them.
   Nelson is a guy I wrote about awhile back.  His retina detached during a
gig a few years ago.  Several operations later he was still having problems
and had to take early retirement from a good paying job at the railroad.  He
decided to go into harmonica repair in his newly spare time.  I know he was
picking the brains of some of the leading harp repair guys and he also got
some useful info from a master restorer of old accordions.
   Haven't had a chance to try out his custom harps, yet.  But I can tell
you that he went through several of my Hohner Big Rivers while we were
driving back from the last St. Louis SPAH convention.  Working in the front
seat of my Honda on a sometimes bumpy road, he improved these harps
substantially for me.
   So we harp players apparently have yet another repair/customization
option.

Mick Zaklan