To: "'Harp-L'" <Harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 1:16 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] I figured out something new (for me)

This is certainly not anything new for most of the experienced players, but I was with a friend Sat. nite at a karaoke thing and they talked me into getting up with a very good singer, who was singing Stormy Monday....
At one point, I somehow bent holes 3 and 4 down a half step and was able to slide back up to normal both holes at once. I messed around since then and found that playing two holes at once and then bending requires a harmonica that is set up better than some of mine were. Apparently I just happened to be playing one that worked pretty well. With a little practice on that one, I was able to repeat that. I kind of liked the sound muted with the cup closed, hitting the bend that way and then gradually opening the handcup as the notes slide back to normal. A cool thing for me anyway.
These days it doesn't take much to impress me.
Steve Webb in Minnesota