[Harp-L] New Jersey & New York Harp-lers we need your support

I am playing a benefit to help out Blues Singer Nicole Hart's Husband Musician Lance Ong who is battling Stage IV Lung Cancer...all monies will go towards Medical Bills and expenses: I will do a set with my friends: Dave Keyes, George Naha, Frank Pagano and Hubert Sumlin and some very special guests so if you can stop down there'll be some great Blues and it's for a Good cause on Tues 12/15/09 at:

MEXICALI LIVE
1409 QUEEN ANNE RD, TEANECK NJ

here is a press release about the benefit and Lance. sorry for the extra bandwidth and happy Holidays to everyone....Rob Paparozzi

PR WEB, Teaneck, NJ - Composer and arranger Lance Ong, who is battling Stage IV Lung Cancer, is the catalyst for a benefit concert featuring four national acts on December 15, 2009 at Mexicali Live in Teaneck, NJ. The event is being organized by WFDU DJ Bob Putignano and Nicole Hart's Manager, Mark Meding, to raise funds to offset his medical expenses. Mr. Ong is currently undergoing chemotherapy at Hackensack University Medical Hospital. As a self-employed musician, he is uninsured.

Mr. Ong has produced, written and arranged over 700 songs. His credits include a Grammy Award-winning record by Andre Crouch, a first round Emmy nomination for CBS Sports, and recordings with David Sanborn, The Pointer Sisters, Grand Funk Railroad, Michael Murphy, Frankie Beverly and Maze, Anne Murray, Johnny Halliday and Sylvie Vartan, Trini Lopez, Erykah Badu and many others.

In recent years, Ong has been involved in recording and performing with Nicole Hart, whose debut CD called "Treasure" was recently released on April 14th with the national label, Blues Leaf Records. Ong and Hart were married August 8th, 2008. According to Nicole, “Lance is very positive and battling for his life. The title track of the new CD is named after a song written for Lance because he is a treasure to all who know him. What we need most now is your prayers, positive thoughts and energy. As always, we thank you for your love, your support and your friendship."

Mark Meding states, "Nicole and Lance are going through a rough period in their lives right now, and they really need the support of their friends, family and colleagues to get them through this time. Lance and Nicole are very loving people and want to express their gratitude to everyone who has and is willing to help give them support."

Details:
Benefit for Lance Ong
December 15th, 2009
Mexicali Live
1409 Queen Anne Road
Teaneck, NJ
doors open @ 6pm show starts @ 7pm
$10 Donations at the door, all proceeds going to Lance Ong 4 National acts with loads of guest players such as the great Hubert Sumlin & Rob Paparozzi

Acts Include: Gil Parris, David Keyes, NYBJS IBC Winner Steve Johnson, Gina Fox, Johnny Fedz and Da Bluez Boyz and, of course, Nicole Hart with many special guests. Also, our very good friend Bob Porter of WBGO will be stopping by.

www.robpaparozzi.com