[Harp-L] RE: Polytone amp for harp

Hi,
Not like I'm any kind of expert, but I can share a little experience as I used to use a mini-brute ( I had one with a 10", one with a 12", and eventually one with a 15) as my main amp for casuals/jams when my other amp was a 70s Twin Reverb and just too much for most places. I've always thought those are best for chromatic/clean jazz kind of players (which would not be me) or maybe harmonica trios? You probably know, the line was designed by a jazz accordionist who was going for clean with a good range, compact size and then Jazz guitarists have adopted them as their own. Lots of headroom, for sure. If you get one with a red "distortion" knob, keep that thing off as it's pretty harsh. Anyway, for a blues amp I didn't think much of it, tried some pedals with it and didn't seem to help much. I did find these to be really reliable. Anyway, now I use old Fender tube stuff as it seems to suit me better, and also I've been able to afford that stuff . All the polytones I had, I got used and cheap, in an era before there were a lot more choices in inexpensive decent small amps. Anyway, that's my take, FWIW.