[Harp-L] Harp Amp Cabs

In our research here at MegaTone Amps we built several amp cabs and combos with different size back panels and a couple different size cabs with minimal back panels.  Our research shows that the ones with minimal to no back panels are the loudest and most tonefull sounding.  I'm curious to what you folks think about your cabs and how they sound best.  I've noticed that some builders use large back panels while others use smaller ones.   And...........who likes cabs that are closed back?   I am not saying that one is better than another, cause everybody has different preferences. I was just wondering what the opinions might be here on Harp-L. We know what we like here at www.megatoneamps.com and are set in the way we build our cabs.
Always good to hear what other folks think, though.
Also...........there seems to be a bunch of folks who like the way Weber speakers sound.  I--on the other hand--have never heard one that I particularly cared for compared to the other speakers that we've auditioned. To audition speakers for our amps and cabs, we built a "Big Ass Speaker Cabinet" that's 8' long X 6' tall and holds 33 different speakers.   It's got 14 12s--14 10s and 5 8s. All the speakers are separated from eachother so that they are kinda like in their own little cab. The separate enclosures measure basically 14"X14" and are about 14"deep with a partial back panel.  We've got it loaded with  a bunch of different stuff from a bunch of different speaker manufacturers including Weber, Jensen,Utah, Kndrick, etc. etc. etc.  We rotate our inventory frequently so that we can audition speakers on a regular basis.  The "Big Ass Speaker Cabinet" is a great place for our customers to come and hear different single speakers and speaker combinations and how they sound with their own amp and takes a lot of the guess work out of which speaker sounds the best with thier own amp.  It can be a  bit overwhelming but it's fun as hell to spend a couple hours listening to the real difference between all of the speakers and how different they sound with different amps.  Our guitar player clients love coming over with thier amps and trying stuff out.
Just wondering how some of you folks decide on which speaker to put in your rig.
Mike "Wezo" Wesolowski
www.myspace.com/harpwezo
www.megatoneamps.com
www.bluesworldorder.com