[Harp-L] Harp_l community service

I'm writing this email after reflectingÂon anotherÂrecent example of great service provided to me by those connected through the Harp-L list community.

I own about a dozen Seydel 1847s that I like alot - especially the low keyed harps. Recently, I hadÂa question about their factory tuning that I couldn't find on the website site soÂIÂemailed Rupert Oysler. He responded quickly with a comprehensive answer. In that email I mentioned that I had a fairly new 1847 in D that had a cracked blow 6Âreed and wanted to buy a replacement reed plate for. It seemed to go out rather quickly compared to all the other 1847s, and in the email conversation Rupert offered to fix it for free this one time. I mailedÂit, he fixed it, and I got it back within a few days.ÂAmazing! Thanks Rupert!

I think the Harp-L community is blessed to have such an arrayÂofÂgreat product manufacturers - factoryÂreps, boutique products andÂservice providers andÂknowlegeable experts, and players. Reflecting on my recent community dealings overÂtheÂlast few months: ÂI have sold a HarpGear Double Trouble amp to a list member, and bought a HarpGear 30Âamp from another list member; bought more than a dozen new diatonic harmonicas at good prices from online sources frequented by list members, bought an Ultimate 57 custom mic from Greg Heumann; Winslow Yerxa's book "Harmonica for Dummies", an RP350 amp modeler based on Richard Hunter's comprehensive posts and Youtube videos, and then his ridiculously cheap patch setÂthat heÂjust updated and sent to me for no addn'l. cost;ÂÂgotten great advice from several list members about gear; watched countless free youtube videos from some of the greatest harp players and teachers in the world and talked to other harmonica afficionado'sÂall around the world.ÂI even connected another player in Japan with my first teacher -ÂJoe Powers, Âwho is now off doing his amazing Chromatic Tango music thingÂon tour inÂJapan right now.ÂÂ

I can't think of any other customer service business I encounterÂin my life that goes even remotelyÂwell these days, yet every one of my recent harp-l harmonica community related interactions have been positive.ÂSure, ÂI haveÂhad a one or twoÂnegative ones over the years, but lately it's been running about perfect for me.

Harp-L is the watering hole that makes all of this happen. It is clear thatÂthis loveÂof harmonica, promoted by Harp-L, inspires all that is good in commerce and community.

Ross Macdonald

www.myspace.com/sassparillajugband