[Harp-L] Player of the Month

This month I'm featuring a track on my website that I recently recorded. The cd came out today.
From there you can link to the artist website to hear all the tracks. Most of the cd is old school R&B and blues with a latin feel.

Adding harp to the cd was an afterthought for the artist. I was recommended to fill the harp chair on one cut, The Cause of it All.
When I arrived at the studio it was only myself and the engineer. All the songs were recorded and the harp track was the last track to be laid. Neither the artist nor producer were present so I was left to fill the harp parts as I wished and they would edit it later. I met the producer a few days after the recording but haven't met the artist, Johnny Bravo, yet.

Since I was an afterthought only 12 bars were available to solo over. The rest of the players got 24. I will be the first to admit my parts were played basic
2nd position minor since no direction was given or enough room to open up on the solo. They could either bury me in the mix, delete my fills or do whatever. I left enough harp parts in the song for them to do as they liked in the final mix. I laid the solo first then went back and did the fills. On the original recording Howlin' Wolf played harp on the intro. I found out the cellist played my parts so I played counter to her. In the final mix she was buried and the guitar is now playing counter to me.

After the producer heard my tracks he borrowed a vintage 1940's vocal mic from me and rerecorded the vocal track to dirty it up.
I heard the artist is going back into the studio in January and wants to use me on 3 or 4 more tracks. He told the engineer he didn't know I was going to be so good.:-)

Gearhead info: Blonde 1963 Gibson Skylark amp, Shure 545 mic, stock C Marine Band. Reverb ala studio.

You can check it out at my website below. If Rob Paparozzi's cut still shows just refresh the browser.

Thanks for listening.

January's featured artist- Enrico Granafei

Michael Easton
www.harmonicarepair.com