[Harp-L] Re: downloadacces.com

I just found a Swiss website <www.rapidshare.com> which was offering not only free downloads of several of my recent CDs including the new BluesCulture CD released scarcely 6 weeks ago, but also free downloads of all three of my Blues Harmonica Playalongs book & CD packages. To upload a book requires considerably more criminal energy than to upload a CD and I was less than happy to see my work being offered for free in this fashion. The only positive side of this is that after I sent the above mentioned website a mail complaining about these illegal downloads, they immediately removed my files from their server and blocked them for any future uploads. But you can bet your life that if you look hard enough you'll find plenty of other sites offering similar services. Please be aware that downloading artists' work for free deprives them of any revenue while allowing unscrupulous website operators to earn through selling advertisements, which are in the end financed by the artists (who don't get paid). If you place any value on the work of any artist, please don't steal it - support artists by buying their work, rather than supporting opportunistic websites which try to give it away for free and earn their money through advertising revenue. This really sucks!

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.bluesculture.com