Re: [Harp-L] Windsaver material and glue

If you are asking for a consensus, I don't think that there is one. Some like factory valves and others use micropore valves from Bill Romel's wife.  However, here is my thinking and practice:

I use Ultrasuede (artificial leather) material with half of the length compressed to make them stiffer/springier and treated to suppress water absorption.

 I also wax the reedplate under them with Johnson"s paste floor wax. I argue that it lessens the amount of condensation, prevents a surface tension film of water that clings to the valve, and makes the condensation bead up so that it blows away.  I could be wrong...but it seems to work.  Waxing the plate will help with any type of valve material.

I prefer G-S Hypo glue (available from Micromark) The glue is good and the hypodermic needle dispenser on the tube is great.  You can apply a tiny drop just where you need it without wasting any.  A wire on the cap goes down the tube to prevent clogging.

Vern