Re: [Harp-L] Dance Currents with Richard Hunter video on Youtube

Eric Nielsen wrote:
<Hi Richard,
<I really enjoyed your "multipart" playing. You do it so well. Did you and Sam <Hinton ever get together?
<I only wish the camera would have focused on the dancers with some closeups during <the performance. I'll pass this video on to some Modern Dance friends of mine. Two <of them even play some harmonica, so I'm sure they'll love it.

Eric,

Glad you liked the piece.  I never met Sam Hinton--didn't know who he was until after I released "The Act of Being Free in One Act," when George Winston brought him to my attention.   Sam's work is very cool, of course.

The video was shot from the audience, and I agree that it would have been nice to see closeups of the dancers.  Maybe next time...

Regards, RH

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter