Re: [Harp-L] Splitting Signal to Multiple Amps

I frequently use a Kendrick ABC box to split my signal between two amps and find no loss of signal or tone.
http://kendrick-amplifiers.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=KOS&Product_Code=KEN04-ABCBOX&Category_Code=

I usually run an EV 605 mic with a Shure white controlled reluctance (CR) element into a Boss DM-2 analogue delay then into the Kendrick ABC box, then out to 2 amps, most times a Sonny Junior 410 and a Hurricane V8, but sometimes at smaller/quieter gigs - the V8 and a 1960 Fender Vibrolux, or the V8 and a Kendrick harp amp.

The Kendrick ABC box is built like a tank in a large (@ 5x7x2 inches) stainless steel box. It uses one female hi-Z guitar cord input and 3 female hi-Z guitar cord outputs with 3 stomp on/off buttons and corresponding LEDs which indicate which channel(s) are 'on' - it has a grounded AC plug and is an active box. I could split my signal to 3 amps but have only used 2 at gigs. I got the Kendrick ABC for @ $90 used on EBAY, they retail for $199.

I enjoy mixing amp voices using the ABC box, and I can play one amp at a time with no noise or 'pop' when stomping the switch to go from one amp to another.

The Kendrick ABC box is a really great piece of equipment that I highly recommend. It works equally well with crystal mics (JT30 151).

Andy Vincent