De : harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] De la part
de captron100@xxxxxxx
Envoyé : mardi 1 décembre 2009 21:00
À : harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Objet : [Harp-L] Overblows "out of the box"

Jerome wrote:
I?ve heard about new harps which are supposed to be tuned for overblows ?out
of the box?.....snip.....my question is: does anyone know what ?overblows
out of the box?
means exactly? How is it done ? manually?

   Harps are not "tuned" for overdraws.  They are gapped or more
specifically, the reeds are gapped low.
There are other factors involved, but gapping is the most important.
   "Overblows out of the box" means that the harp is set up so that a player
is able to OB  the harp without
additional setup.
   I don't know if these harps are mechanically set up to OD nicely at the
factory, but suspect that the fine
adjustments are done manually.  To answer this for sure, I guess we would
need to ask our mfg'ing harp-L
experts, reps and customizers, such as Rick Epping, Brendon Power, Rupert
Oysler, etc.
  For insight into setup, you may want to search the archives and visit the
many websites devoted to setting
up harps.
ron