Re: [Harp-L] playing while driving

Ask anybody...they'll tell you that they're a great driver.

In a message dated 12/01/09 13:02:36 Eastern Standard Time, pdxharpdog@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

So I've already outted myself DWPH (driving while playing harmonica) but should have added that I believe I'm actually a better driver since I started playing harmonica in my car.  I drive slower and don't stress out at traffic jams or trying to beat yellow lights etc. I almost look forward to waiting at lights and slow downs on the freeway.  I've always listened to music in the car, but since I've been playing  in the car I drive with a hugely improved attitude, because playing harmonica gives me such joy.

Certainly it is not always safe to drive and play, but I think it's generally much safer than talking on the cell phone, drinking hot coffee, eating, smoking or yelling at bratty children in the back seat etc.

Plus I get some smiles back from folks at times.

pdxharpdog