Re: [Harp-L] Thais Meditation

This is one of the pieces that makes Robert's CD "Romances" my favorite album. The lush harp (the stringed kind) arpeggio and orchestral accompaniment is especially nice. Buy the CD so you can hear it on your hi-fi system.  Compression and computer speakers don't do it justice.

Robert, did you say that you used a B harmonica for "Meditation?" and read it in Eb?  (5 # from the key of the harmonica - 3b from the sheet music = ## concert)  I don't recall your rationale for that.

The piece, in D, ranges from A3 to A6. Transposed to G, it fits snugly on a 12-hole G harmonica. A3 is hole 1 draw and A6 is hole 12 draw with the button pushed.  (One # from the sheet music plus one # from the harmonica key = ## concert pitch)  It seems to lie well on the instrument in G.  Who besides Bonfiglio has a 16-hole B chromatic?

Vern