Re: [Harp-L] Splitting Signal to Multiple Amps

Zig wrote:
> I learned the hard way that an ABY box splitter does not work well: the
> signal is indeed weakened and you lose the overdriven sweet tone from both
> amps, with no worthwhile gains in tone/volume.

I'm scratching my head here.  I have no problems with signal loss with either of the pedals I've used--Morley ABC and Radial Big Shot ABY.

However, if signal loss is indeed a problem, then I suggest a small mixer.  Behringer's UB802 is a good example: 6 inputs (not counting the send returns), stereo master output, stereo control room output, and one send output.  With that setup, you can take an input and put it to 5 different outputs with little or no signal loss. The only issue is that you can't control the amount of signal being sent to any particular output without putting your hands on the mixer, so you need the mixer off the floor (unless you use a set-it-and-forget-it approach, which might work in this case).

The UB802 is one or two generations old, but Behringer makes similar mixers now that sell for less than $40.  Musiciansfriend.com carries the line.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter