Re: [Harp-L] Splitting Signal to Multiple Amps

Hi all

Check out www.loop-master.com for more than amp switching. It can't hurt to learn.

Hal in MI

Subject: [Harp-L] Splitting Signal to Multiple Amps

Scott,
I learned the hard way that an ABY box splitter does not work well: the
signal is indeed weakened and you lose the overdriven sweet tone from both
amps, with no worthwhile gains in tone/volume. I have seen a box that
included some meager amplification stage within but based on the minimal
cost difference with regular ABY box that it was not likely to be
satisfactory. Maybe someone else has found a good working solution to
this problem? (I did put the ABY to good use though as a silent way to tune
my guitar on stage)
Zig

(Scott said:
I have a couple of amps (Silvertone 1482 and Supro 16T) that have
distinctly different tones. If I were interested in running both
simultaneously, is there a signal splitting device that someone would
recommend? Also, I seem to remember reading that a passive splitter will
also halve the signal strength, which would have obvious consequences. Any
ideas? Thanks!
Scott )