Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 02:07:02 -0000
From: "Brendan Power" <bren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Playing Whilst Driving
To: <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>

Not only do I play and drive, I compose.

In the USA you have your legendary Route 66 (or did, until it got all
chopped up an relegated to side roads).

The slightly less impressive equivalent in the UK (in terms of length) is
the M1 Motorway, from London to parts north. It's boringly straight and
uneventful. Playing harmonica helps pass the time. On one drive from London
to Newcastle I composed the following tune, entitled 'The M1 Reel':

http://www.brendan-power.com/Music%20Clips/Tradish/40/TRAD-14.mp3

They say men can't multi task but, since most harmonica players are male,
doesn't playing harmonica whilst driving give the lie to that sexist fallacy
?

The only slight worry I'd have is the effect of light-headedness from
hyperventilation on driving skills. But it seems that many PHYD exponents
are on Harp-l to tell the tale, so it can't be doing too much harm.

Brendan Power
WEBSITE: http://www.brendan-power.com
YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/BrendanPowerMusic

-