[Harp-L] Harping while driving

I don't, much anyway.  Every once in  a great while when I am on a stretch
of interstate with light traffic and good road conditions I may play along
with satellite radio a bit.  But, like every married man, I spend a lot of
time in a parked car waiting for my wife.   I keep a short set (C,D,A,G) of
good harps in the car and use the time waiting for her to come out of the
hairdressers, etc., doctors appointments, etc. to practice.

Brendan alluded to playing and driving on Route 66.  The largest remaining
contiguous section of Route 66 crosses Oklahoma.  I am four blocks from
Route 66 as I type.  It is for the most part two lane with multiple cross
roads, small towns, etc.  It would be highly dangerous to play and drive
there.  However, the four lane sections of Route 66 in western OK and the
Texas panhandle that were absorbed into Interstate 40 are another matter
altogether.  With light traffic and no cross winds, you could set your car
on cruise and play away for hours.

Bill Kumpe

Tulsa, OK