[Harp-L] Re: Playing While Driving

I was going to stay out of this thread, but now that Brendan has admitted to composing while driving, I will do the same.  My piece "Bela's World", which you can hear at the taxi.com URL below, was written while driving to work one morning on route 136 in Connecticut. I tend to work on solo pieces and techniques frequently while driving.

Mostly it's not dangerous, but I have a few moments to remember.  Once I was playing while I drove out of the parking lot at National Life of Vermont during a pretty big snowstorm, which in Vermont terms is a snowstorm to be reckoned with.  Anyway, I'd only gone a hundred yards or so when I noticed that the car was tilted at a 45 degree angle.  I had driven off the road and into a ditch, more or less obliviously.  A tow truck happened to come by a few minutes later, so I was twice lucky that afternoon--once not to get killed, and once to get pulled out of the ditch.

Now that I think of it, there are better places to play than behind the wheel of a car.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter