Re: [Harp-L] RE: playing while driving

I'll admit to some playing in the car. I used to work late hours and would come home about 2 a.m. most nights. I had a 10 mile stretch of four lane road with little traffic that time of night. I used the time to polish my version of the national anthem and to work on things like vibrato and tone. I didn't like to try to work out new things because I did feel distracted to a fault when I did that.
   My favorite playing while driving story comes from former lister Magic Dave Therault. I don't remember all the details, except that he had glued a bunch of old harps to the roof of his car. He said he had to throw a tarp over it when the wind blew, or the neighbors would complain.   That's my best memory anyway.
  I guess playing while driving can't be any worse than texting while driving.
Steve Webb in Minnesota