[Harp-L] danelectro fab echo
- To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [Harp-L] danelectro fab echo
- From: jim.alciere@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 10:10:43 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=aFd0OKk6DzrRUMtldwxAmc6wtJikferaTVV3P6mgKXE=; b=pbOaTikYTmz47FI4hKDrMzC+Wy9Wvo/pEIW5oLP10lWu9RoulVP1ZrwIDUgAx9STwW onxGxY7BEvuTFH842PasBqQhl/Rv9c0m6bPHDIMcvbUZeifEQ4n/jkHmvr3gxa5DWQuw TQkBPZmX3EnD+vWNQesRSvXAzqV5ix9/ZORUw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=DwDJy6dfVoKsMysa9UyW1Il3jfzaicF2RYjxOu8800sIlcohSOp7cuWcajrGc+Wq9o +SeGqoL4Kv0qcZ+hi3sk6kQWh0VAtf9Iu86f+UPhhEUgPgwWb8ZCYRSkB+1FCNOXhCWg 0dovJosL9Wbat+3rN8rPt/dxKT48y9gY8OFbQ=
I tried out the fab echo at a practice on Saturday.
On the minus side:
The electronics look like something on a talking Hallmark Card
A battery hardly fits in the battery space--you need the wall wart power
Nasty digital feedback at high settings
On the plus side:
It sounds nice with the delay at a low setting and mix set right in the
It costs $15.00
Bottom line: It's a slapback echo, not exactly a reverb but close enough.
This pedal sounds better than even some of the amp reverbs. If you have an
amp with no reverb, give it a try. With the wallwart adapter it's a whopping
$23.00. If you want Pink Floyd echos, this isn't the right pedal.
Note: I used the Fab Echo with a really hot bullet mic. Yo may be able to
user higher settings without feedback.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and