From: Michael King <king.michaelt@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] customizing Lee Oskars
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 5:19 PM

One HUGE problem with the LOs is the reeds are brittle. Out of the box the
reeds are too high. Any attempt to lower them causes the bleepin' things to
break. Without lowering the reeds, too much effort is required to sound a
reed - all you effort is blowing and drawing a lot of air (and sounding
breathy) and not playing.

I'd rather have most any cheap harp that you can work with than spend
another dime on a LO harp. Maybe I should become a marathon runner and then
reconsider the pulmonary requirements for playing one just be fair, but,
nah. Not in this lifetime.

Regards,

Michael