[Harp-L] RE: Lee Oskars

I'm no famous harp player. I'm just your average guy who likes to honk his way through jam sessions whenever opportunity knocks. Mostly, I play 1st, 2nd, and 3rd position on L.O. Maj. Diatonics. I carry a full set. I don't do any overblows or draws nor do I do any customizing aside from a rare re-tune. I started playing the L.O.'s about 10 or 12 years ago. It seems like when they come out of the box, they have a sort of break in period, kinda like a new pair of work boots. At that point, they're stiff and don't bend easily. You have to be gentle with them at first. After that, they just seem to take whatever punishment I hand them and last forever. And, if you do happen to blow one out, the reed plates are affordable and easily changed. Overall, I'm a happy customer.