Re: [Harp-L] practicing jamie ambersol
- To: Chesper Nevins <chespernevins@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] practicing jamie ambersol
- From: Emile Damico <oatss_oatflakes@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 09:53:03 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1251564783; bh=Yh17GsrzxCVvAUEQgiG+R13+CuYmnEhnWcG1zGn8mRA=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=G85g72v6rBf3ZtTLYaBOzQauEdvrft9Ba4MSIs7LfbmrHmQboAuhIqr4MIYXAzodYni/J7sJyzSQQ2FN6Rtntw9NLu3fNtD1WbXm5A5OCIt3uUd7BZ1lzfxrJNBWEcRCOaGRX7vi1puceVg4JIcoiea5j9xmEWUesl3iye/LDps=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=AvkhPmqajsmBVd+yTASupV/yQnzq3QlvH+itRpZ6JNIs7SkBC5PbgstqCGQR1YN1GL4knZPJ6oLEtmYPvDpHjhufE6Bz4FpHgX4ZyN7XWPqJwRm8im/UjSoHzlw1jOac4eyG+AWyxBI+xOrfRQATY5dIieiYFEXpA7MpEDK6nqc=;
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
Good stuff haven't been working on tunes so just staying in shape been awhile since
i did much jazz stuff. I'm trying to get back into it. Here's some old stuff.
--- On Sat, 8/29/09, Chesper Nevins <chespernevins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Chesper Nevins <chespernevins@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] practicing jamie ambersol
To: "Emile Damico" <oatss_oatflakes@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 12:38 PM
I have actively been using Aebersold records to try and beef up my repertoire.
So I use the records with tunes on them rather than the more
"exercise-like" ones with ii-V's etc.
I was just playing "Pensativa" this morning from the Freddie Hubbard
album. I originally learned it off an Art Blakey record and then
found that the Aebersold was pretty true to the version I had learned,
so I am using it.
Often there are just one or two tunes on each one that I really want
to focus on.
On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Emile Damico<oatss_oatflakes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I know all of you jazz guys are practicing intensely all of the time.
> I like to use vol. 21 of Ambersol. I've just started going back to vol.3 that
> has the II V changes. One part uses the Dim-whole tone scale.
> No big deal take a major scale flat the third start on the 7th degree.
> This is made trom the melodic minor ascending. In this case C melodic minor.
> e.g. BCDEbFGAB
> So is anybody else using these studies. Will Gallison uses them also.
> If so what volumes.
> Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.org
See the website I put together for Bill Romel:
<a href="http://harmonica-workshop.com/index.html">Bill Romel's
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and