Subject: [Harp-L] Convention FEEDBACK TIME! / Garden State News

Warren:  I'm still decompressing from my week of vacation post-SPAH,  so
will try to get the videos, photos, whatever I have to 'whomever' wants to
post them, asap. But I'll need help.

I just wanted to take the opportunity to tell you that you did a helluva
job. I so enjoyed the video taped by the newsmedia in Sacramento - and  your
appearance talking about the Convention. You're a natural on camera. It
couldn't have worked out better. I loved young Nick doing his thing outside the
 Torch Club...we had a few neat conversations while at SPAH. Good kid...
sweet, and genuinely talented.

If it weren't for my own personal physical limitations getting around, I
would have had a lot more fun, but it was still all good...a great
SPAH...lots  of wonderful moments. Hopefully I'll find time to do a synopsis later
since  there are a few performances I caught which haven't yet been addressed.

Kudos for the moment, big guy. You did great. More later, now get to work
on GSHC. ;) I highly recommended you to Val since I knew you'd be a natural
and  for once it's in our own neck of the woods. Let's try to get  some
Blues guys there  :)

I'll tell you - nothing was cooler than hard-core Blues guys 'oh-yeah'ing'
when the HarpBeats (Phil, Wally & George) did their thing at Jason's
request at the Torch Club.  By the end of their set they had the audience
whooping and hollering and got a standing ovation...harp players do know when
they hear amazing playing and I got to hear Jerry Deall and his crew really get
 into the HarpBeats' performance. Did my heart good to see/hear confirmed
blues  guys thoroughly enjoy other styles of play.

I noticed more and more chromatic people turned out for Jason's shows
too...so maybe those barriers are coming down, the lines finally becoming
blurred. We're all recognizing that good playing is good playing regardless of
the instrument or the genre....Jason playing in the BlueGrass circle with
Cara Cooke and David Naiditch was TOO cool.... And Phil Caltabellotta can
play a mean diatonic too.

If you keep blurring those lines for GSHC, I'll be a very happy  camper.

Elizabeth

Message: 2