[Harp-L] First Cruncher Experience

I went to hear a local band last night (Midnight Shift) here in Eastern PA. The singer/harp player, Mike Mettalia, was nice enough to let me sit in for a couple of tunes and use his rig. The amp was a Sonny Jr. Cruncher, and the mic he described as a crystal ball. I just wanted to say that all the reports and reviews I have read have been accurate. Easily, from note one, the finest amp I have ever played through. Just a pleasure. I have not played through hundreds of amps, but definitely dozens. I have not tried any other boutique harp amps. But the Cruncher lived up to all the gushing reports I have read from other harp players, here and elsewhere. Definitely a responsive, feedback resistant, beautifully voiced and powerful amp. It was like suddenly driving a full featured brand new luxury car when you are used to an old jalopy with no power steering or brakes. Mike then let me try a black CR bullet through the amp during the break. Even better! This Cruncher also had the Western Tolex covering which I thought was really cool. I'm still going for the tweed, but this amp looked as great as it sounded. Just thought I would add my voice to the chorus of praise for the Cruncher. Thanks, Gary, for your work and dedication. You have created a superior tool for the harp player. That is my honest first impression. I am now on a mission to get one as soon as I possibly can. Anybody want to buy a Bassman re- issue?
Ron Sunshine - future Cruncher owner
Deluxe Vintage Mics
http://www.myspace.com/deluxevintageharpmics