From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Ken Deifik
Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 3:04 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Howling Dog

>Not Howling Wolf...a howling dog. I got a new dog 5 weeks ago and every
>time I play harp he howls like a screaming banshee. It doesn't seem to
>bother him or hurt his ears, he just sings along, but he makes it hard
>for me to rehearse or relax and enjoy playing.
>
>Has anyone else had a howling dog? Any training ideas (other than the
>inconvenience of putting him in the garage every time i want to play)?
>Thanks..

My dog howled, and nearly every dog I've played near howled.  I do not think
they like it at all, I think the sound of the harp hurts some dogs.  My dog
would definitely sing to her toys, and it was a completely different sound
from the howl.

My cats don't like it much either, so they split when I'm practicing.

Their taste in harp is terrible, however.