Re: RE : [Harp-L] Is anyone selling the Suzuki Manji yet?
- To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: RE : [Harp-L] Is anyone selling the Suzuki Manji yet?
- From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:23:54 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1250817834; bh=N8duGoIeFIioxu67jUFuH7EYrX+cTnrpbVo0RnmF6M8=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=QfNEDXUPJFQMfbCJORnnIvGl12TYP+V7Ktmgaqv3x0IpJJkEO5/yRM7VxJaLuJjxKhUc0Lyg5lnuIlHBlLHihMTnvs7bxsZEYQsKzmonzc6f143SWL0hsar+YexE1yWo0oa3+aAqEVM2PxS0S0G0ryEvMq/hINGoz6dvSM/RXNM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=QoV8ezBRtL8dAi3I8WOyqtS+PnAcUdXGlOjaWYBstH6Hz/8PEz3lktqz5fo0w0+Gl6yUvbCbeS30Rs4Sz8V92LSn4ViW9n9PfDfNQfKSuoZ7fo04dEQ1qRcP+ewiYOPatH9YM/HtSBZkGuA2rK8Orv1gyydLaVq7OilyaWwzpco=;
- In-reply-to: <78627D5A-8423-4228-8E58-16B35AB68C18@gmail.com>
Yeah, Suzuki is really heating things up with products like the Manji at only $40. Actually this is list price. Prices on the street might well be even lower. And the Suzuki HarpMaster at about $25 is also a great value.
At the Suzuki product seminar, they claimed that they're migrating the quality improvements of the Firebreath into the Manji - but with the longer reeds overblow players want for greater stability, and at a very competitive price. They made slimilar claims for putting a lot of what's good in the high-end ($3000-ish) Fabulous chromatic into the mid-priced ($450-ish) Grégoire Maret chromatic models.
I played both the Manji diatonics and the Grégoire Maret chromatics at SPAH and was impressed with both (though I have to say was was really blown away by the Maret chromatic and I'm not the only one).
Putting quality improvements into mid-priced instruments? What a concept. I think Suzuki is going to win some real friends with their most recent product introductions.
Author, Harmonica For Dummies ISBN 978-0-470-33729-5
--- On Thu, 8/20/09, Christelle Berthon <christellester@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Christelle Berthon <christellester@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE : [Harp-L] Is anyone selling the Suzuki Manji yet?
Date: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 3:49 PM
"Is anyone selling the Suzuki Manji yet? Prefer online domestic source."
No the Manji will be sold in the end of September, beginning of October the price will be $39,99 street price and it'll comes in 14 keys, from Low G to High F#. Only 10 were brought at SPAH and I've been lucky enough to have one....
Seydels are great harmonicas, but man! With the Manji the competition is huge.
Official website : http://www.christelleharpqueen.net
Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.org
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and