Re: [Harp-L] Recordings from SPAH

Too late, they HAD their chance......... Joe King

On Aug 20, 2009, at 3:18 PM, Richard Hunter wrote:

I'm delighted to report that thanks to the efforts of Winslow Yerxa and the generosity of Mark Hummel, I have been authorized to release the recordings I made at the SPAH show on Thursday August 13 to Youtube.

I will post these recordings to YouTube when the artists involved-- Steve Baker, Jason Ricci, and Mark Hummel--have approved their individual segments. The recordings are audio only, and I plan to use still photos from that night as visuals over the audio.

Even as audio only, these are a bunch of thrilling performances. The audio recordings I made are undistorted and well above minimum acceptable quality, and I'm sure that both the people who heard these performances live and those who couldn't attend on the night of the show will find them well worth hearing.

My thanks again to Winslow for taking the initiative to get approval for the release of these recordings, and to Mark for his gracious decision to make them available to harmonica fans everywhere via Youtube.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter