Re: [Harp-L] lips

The best way to use lip balm or chapstick or beeswax or whatever is AFTER
playing the harmonica. That way you treat the lips, not the harp. Saliva
works best for keeping mouthpiece wet.

Otherwise, you end up gumming up the harp -- chrome or diatonic -- and once
you start, you're constantly putting on the stuff that wears off like cheap
lipstick.

hope this helps.
Phil