[Harp-L] SocorroFest 2009 Harmonica Contest!

Details have been worked out! You're all invited!

SocorroFest 2009 Harmonica Contest - Socorro NM
Saturday, October 10, 2009 - starts at noon on the City Hall Stage
Two divisions:
Heavyweights (pros, semi-pros, experienced) - $25 entry fee
Prizes in Heavyweight Division - 1st-$250, 2nd-$150, 3rd-$100
(Winner invited to sit in for a song with Los Albuquerque Blues Connection on the Plaza Stage later in the day (6pm or so)
Lightweights (amateurs, beginners) - $15 entry fee
For the lightweights - Donated prizes - good ones!
All competitors will receive an excellent SocorroFest 2009 T-shirt.

ALSO!
Harmonica Workshop given by JOE MANCUSO and FRIENDS
Saturday, October 10, 3pm at the Capitol Bar on the plaza.

Entry forms will be available at www.socorrofest.com soon, but in the meantime, email me and I'll send you the info. Or pick up entry forms at Encore Music in Albuquerque after noon August 15.

Tent and RV Camping is available nearby, and special harmonica player discounts have been negotiated at Socorro Old Town Bed & Breakfast and several Socorro hotels & motels.  (Meal discounts for harmonica players are being negotiated at several local restaurants, too.) Email me & I'll help you get situated.

Socorro is a friendly little town about 70 miles south of Albuquerque. Nearby attractions include the Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge 20 miles to the south, Sevilleta National Wildlife Refuge 20 miles to the north, NM Tech Golf Course, San Antonio's famous Owl Bar, Very Large Array 55 miles west and more. (We also have the Buckhorn Tavern, winner of the recent Green Chile Cheeseburger Throwdown with Bobby Flay on Food Network, but they might not be open that weekend due to a wedding in the family.)

SocorroFest 2009 will have live music on 3 stages, beer & wine tents, and everything else you could want, starting Friday night, October 9.

We're pretty excited about it - great line up of local talent and out of town bands - hope to see you there!

~Suzanne