[Harp-L] Best Working Man's Harmonica Out of the Box
- To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] Best Working Man's Harmonica Out of the Box
- From: "Bill Kumpe" <bkumpe@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 14:38:54 -0500
- In-reply-to: <200908131744.n7DHiAfm019336@harp-l.com>
- References: <200908131744.n7DHiAfm019336@harp-l.com>
- Thread-index: AcocRrX8jms3gcJNQ4iMjbdKbH6qBQAAmaGw
RE: Best Working Man's Harmonica Out of the Box
I have never gotten a bad Suzuki BluesMaster or HarpMaster out of the box.
Great quality control, easy blowing, etc.
I have a box full of Special 20's, many of which I have worked on, opened up
the covers, adjusted the curl and gap etc. And, I am very happy with them.
They are great harps. But in some cases I have had to use the squeeze box
to test three or four before I got one I would accept.
I play the Suzuki's just like they come out of the box and am happy with
them that way. I have no qualms about buying Suzuki's online but prefer to
buy Special 20's locally where I can test them on a squeeze box before I
This may be just me and my ear but they do have a different sound. I
wouldn't say one is sound is better than the other, just different. The
Hohner's seem to be a little more bluesy and sax like while the Suzuki's
seem a little brighter and louder.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and