[Harp-L] Re: Bends Review
- To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Bends Review
- From: Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:18:05 -0400 (EDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk20050327; d=earthlink.net; b=HctgZKUG2BRVivonamTt8VmlEHa/pDcObbyk5Hh0TDDkk8Z8wjsKif9Bf0sWoxbZ; h=Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:To:Subject:Mime-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;
- Reply-to: Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I just ordered a pair of Bends Adagios (in C and F), which Pat Missin described as his favorites in his reviews, for $32.95 each plus $15 shipping (USPS first class to Idaho from Illinois) from Worldmusicalinstruments.com. First purchase from this dealer. I won't get the instruments in time for SPAH, I'm sure.
Looking forward to checking these out. I'm enjoying in general checking out new instruments. My Hohner Marine Band Deluxe in A is holding up very well, and I may buy more. I am not planning to replace my four Suzuki Firebreaths (A, Bb, C, and F), which have not worked well for me, and so need to find some new gear--maybe a Seydel or two, or a different Suzuki. I expect to see plenty of nice harps at SPAH.
One thing I'm really paying attention to lately is the sturdiness of the covers--it makes a difference when you're carrying the things around in a pocket, and crushed covers do not a well-playing harp make. The MB Deluxe holds up very well in this regard.
Regards, Richard Hunter
author, "Jazz Harp"
latest mp3s and harmonica blog at http://myspace.com/richardhunterharp
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Vids at http://www.youtube.com/user/lightninrick
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and