[Harp-L] MANJI, HARRISON, CROSSOVER,ETC...

So many of us players want to play out of the box harps and toss them when a reed goes. Special 20 - out 25 bucks, still so much less expensive than customs. It would be nice if the Manji actually does perform that much better, lasts longer, and actually IS affordable enough to replace cheaper than to replace a reed. I hate to offend any customizers, but all the perfect tuning is lost on so many of us amplified blues players, most of whom appreciate only the ease of playing a well-gapped harp, and not all the other nuances provided by a very expensive arsenal of highly modified cheap instruments. As I write this I am am becoming painfully aware that my opinion is highly hypocritical to my immediate surrounding of dozens of K$ of mics and amps, however...? some of us baby our gear, yet are tough on harps -