Re: [Harp-L] SPAH: HARP AMP COMPARISONS- Sacto or Bust!

David Fertig wrote:
>Nothing further has been said about space or time at SPAH for amp comparisons, nor who's bringing what amps for comparisons, which is quite understandable given how busy the very successful SPAH organizers must be (Congratulations & thanks for your great work!!)
>
>However I will brings some amps I really like (HG30, '59 B'man RI, Alamo Fiesta), and hopefully, as others bring in other various amps, we will find a place to compare and learn how some of these vaunted amps actually sound with our personal tone, mics and etc.
>
>Who's bringing what?

I'm bringing my Digitech RP200 and RP350 for the effects seminar, and I would LOVE to have the opportunity to run it side by side with a few good amps.

In order to do so, I'd need a keyboard amp or PA--any size will do.  Can't run the RP through a tube amp--that would be like taking the output from your Bassman RI and running it into the HG30.  Interesting for about 10 seconds, after which you notice that everything sounds extremely distorted and ugly.

I've spend a lot of time lately putting together patches designed to emulate a straight tube amp with no weirdo FX (unless you're a purist for whom even a slapback delay counts as a weirdo effect), would be very cool to hear how those patches stack up against good harp amps.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter