Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Jason Ricci Blow-Off Reminder

EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Jason's ALWAYS okay with this.

yes, i know that.

> So were the individual artists..at least last year.

sadly, that hasn't always been the case.

> I recorded (actually DVD'd) for JR's Harp Blow-Off 2008, quite a few of the
> performances...as much as I was able to before my camera ran out of battery
> power, and/or I ran out of dvd's.

video recording is *hard*, and demands much more attention than audio recording,
which is mostly "set and forget". i was really looking more towards having someone
record the show on audio. seems like lots of folks have zoom or other recorders these days.

aside from the amount of attention required to record, audio is much easier to
distribute. you don't need to have 100's of dvd's on your coffee table. :-)